Trustworthy Sheldon Estate Planning Lawyers Help Iowans Preserve Their Legacies
Personal guidance for individuals, families, business owners and trust companies in Siouxland and Northwest Iowa
Estate planning is a way to ease the burden on your loved ones and protect your interests by providing clear directions for the handling of your personal and financial affairs should you die or become incapacitated. Since 1935, the practice now known as Whorley Heidman Law Firm has guided clients of all ages and wealth levels through preparations that preserve and direct their assets so they can be passed down to their loved ones. From preparing simple wills to establishing complex trusts, we will draft the proper legal documents to protect your estate and ensure your final wishes are honored.
Knowledgeable legal support in Iowa for estate and succession planning, trust administration, guardianships, probate, and philanthropic giving
Our firm helps clients make important decisions about property bequests, business ownership transfers, charitable contributions, and the ongoing care of loved ones by assisting with:
- Estate planning and wealth transfer — We tailor estate plans to meet the needs of each client and identify the best way to transfer wealth in a tax-efficient manner.
- Estate administration and probate — We help families settle estates and navigate the probate process after the deaths of loved ones.
- Guardianships — We set up guardianships to make sure clients are able to care for loved ones who can no longer care for themselves.
- Trusts and trust administration — We help clients provide for the ongoing support of loved ones by setting up and managing living trusts and similar arrangements.
- Personal and family philanthropy — We advise clients on forming and operating private foundations to manage their charitable giving.
- Business succession planning — We assist clients in planning for business operations to continue uninterrupted if an owner retires, dies or becomes incapacitated.
In any estate planning matter, we will help you consider all relevant factors, including personal preferences, legal statutes and potential tax ramifications, and will draft and execute the necessary instruments to achieve your goals.
Contact an experienced Sheldon estate planning attorney to protect your family and assets
Whorley Heidman Law Firm helps residents of Siouxland and Northwest Iowa make arrangements for their own estates and settle the affairs of loved ones. To discuss your estate planning needs with a qualified attorney, please call our Sheldon law office at 712-631-5948 or contact us online.